- Day 1 Arrival in Istanbul, customs formalities in Istanbul, and on to final short flight, hotel
- Day 2 Travel to the hunting area, sight rifle, potentially hunt in the final hours.
- Day 3-9 Your 7-day hunt
- Day 10 Return to Istanbul, customs formalities in Istanbul, and catch flight home
- Good Quality mountain boots with lug soles
- Pair of socks and shorts for each day of hunt
- Two pair hunting pants and shirts
- Dull color or green camouflage hunting jacket (very heavy cold weather clothing is not needed)
- Several pairs of long underwear
- Good hat with ear flaps and ball cap
- Raingear or Gortex shell
- Backpack or daypack
- Spotting scope
- Camera and film
- Toilet kit and personal gear
- Rifle and 50 rounds ammo (maximum legal amount)
- Good-quality sleeping bag (mummy style best) with at least 3 lbs. fill
- Medium duffel for each trophy for returning home
- Hunting gear
Their horns are the longest in the world reaching an average of 39" to 43" in length and trophies of between 44"and 52". Turkey is considered to be the #1 destination available for these trophies.
When, Where, and How : Bezoar Ibex Season in Turkey: August 1-March 31 (with best hunting from November through January) Hunts in Turkey originate from Istanbul. Normally there is one additional short flight to Antalya or Ankara depending on the area hunted. Turkish Air, American, Delta, and British Air are all carriers to Istanbul and we normally use Turkish Air for the last short flight. Travel to these cities is routine and we can arrange this dosmetic flight for you or you can arrange it yourself online. Upon arrival our hunters are met by our representative and are assisted with their baggage, guns, and ammo, then expedited through customs. The customs officers are very friendly and the entire procedure takes only minutes. The drive to the hunting area is beautiful and usually 1-3 hours from the airport depending on the hunting area. The roads in this part of the world are well maintained.
Bezoar occupy low altitudes along the Mediterranean coast. We typically find them at altitudes between 2400’ to 6000’. Accommodations differ from one area to another. While in some areas it is possible for our hunters to be accommodated in the best nearby hotels or village houses, in others, it has to be roughed by staying in tented camps or small hunting cabins. Meals consist of hot meals for breakfast and dinner, sandwiches, snacks and drinks for lunch.
On the hunt our guests will be up, breakfast served early, and then start out by 4X4 vehicle or by foot, depending on the hunting area. Often times trophy Ibex are spotted over breakfast as we look out our window. The hunters will glass the hillsides for trophies. It is not uncommon to spot 2-4, 45 inch Ibex each day depending on the conditions and the areas. After locating trophies the final stalk is on foot.
The Weather is usually very nice during the hunting season. It's fairly dry with daytime temperatures from 40 to 65 degrees, 30 to 40 degrees at night. Snow chances increase in January and February but this can help isolate the Ibex in lower areas at times giving the hunter shorter distances to walk.
Bezoar Ibex Hunt Itinerary
Suggested Equipment List: